Sweet Breakfast Quinoa
Adapted from Stephanie Riley. This uses quinoa you have already prepared. I used white quinoa that I rinsed, then cooked according to package directions using 1 cup quinoa and 1 3/4 cup water.
- 1 cup pre-cooked white quinoa
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp. dried apricots, diced OR 2 tbsp. dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- dash cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the almonds, dried fruit, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Gently stir to combine and let flavors meld together 2-3 minutes over very low heat. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Add the pre-cooked quinoa and gently combine. Serve warm.