My family loves making pizza at home. Homemade pizza is one of the first recipes I teach in my cooking classes for children. I love seeing which pizza toppings are each person’s favorite! Before you get to making your pizza, first whip up a batch of my homemade pizza sauce.
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves - smashed
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil
- 28 ounce can of crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper - to taste
- Sauté two smashed garlic cloves in three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over low heat.
- Add handful of fresh basil and sauté 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Add a 28 ounce can of crushed Italian tomatoes, kosher salt, black pepper and dried oregano.
- Simmer for half an hour.
- Puree in Vitamix or other high powered blender.