During the cooler months I love preparing a nice warm soup for a family dinner. This lentil soup recipe was inspired by a soup offered at Trader Joe’s and can be prepped, simmered and on the table in less than an hour.
Lentil Soup Recipe
Trader Joe’s Inspired Lentil Soup
- Olive or canola oil
- 1 container Mirepoix
- Dorot frozen garlic
- 1 container TJs cooked lentils (in refrigerated section near salads)
- chicken broth
- Dump the Mirepoix onto a large cutting board and use a chef’s knife to just chop it a little bit smaller.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp. oil to pot, let heat till shimmering. Add the mirepoix and sauté 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add 2 garlic cubes and continue to sauté, stirring occasionally to incorporate the garlic evenly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils and stir to break up. Add 2 cups chicken broth. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Mash the lentils with a potato masher, cover again, and simmer another 10 minutes.
Nutrition In The Kitchen http://nutritioninthekitchen.org/