Garlic Mushroom Quinoa
Adapted from Damn Delicious. Pre-cook the quinoa according to package directions. I used 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed it, toasted it and then added 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook–covered– about 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2 cups pre-cooked white quinoa
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1-2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (you can use dried and rehydrate them, or use fresh)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (you can use fresh or use 3 cubes of Dorot frozen garlic)
- pinch of dried or fresh thyme
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- grated or shaved Parmesan
- Heat olive oil and butter (you can also use all butter, or all evoo) in large skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add mushrooms. Gently saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, until tender. A
- dd the garlic and gently mix until garlic is fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add a half-teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix well and taste.
- Add more salt/pepper until mushrooms are flavorful and delicious. S
- tir in quinoa and gently mix. Taste again for seasoning and add more salt/pepper if needed.
- Add parmesan and combine well.