Even Easier Chicken Tenders
- Chicken tenders
- Canola oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Panko breadcrumbs
- In a shallow container, add about a quarter-cup canola oil, about a Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and a few squirts of Dijon mustard. Mix together.
- Marinate the tenders for as long as you have. You can do it in the morning, or just a few hours or even minutes beforehand. Try to let them sit at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If using a toaster oven with the convection bake feature, preheat to 375. While oven is heating, let the tenders come to room temperature.
- Put a rack inside a cookie sheet. Melt about 2 Tbsp butter for every half cup Panko you will be using. Then mix the melted butter with the Panko. Remove the tenders and let the marinade drip off.
- Coat tenders in breadcrumb/butter mixture and then lay them on the rack. Bake about 15 minutes, then check for doneness (should be white inside but still slightly moist). Bake 5 minutes more if needed.
- Set the oven to broil, and broil the tenders about another 3 minutes, until the breadcrumbs turn golden. Watch the oven closely so they do not burn.
- These require baking in the oven--you can also use a high-quality toaster oven that has a “broil” feature.
Nutrition In The Kitchen http://nutritioninthekitchen.org/