Easy Weeknight Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound Chicken tenders or thin-sliced breast fillets (suggest Trader Joe’s tenders)
- Wondra flour or regular flour
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add ¼ cup flour, salt and pepper to shallow dish and mix. Grab an oven-safe pan and place over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture and place on plate. When pan is hot, add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil. Heat till shimmering.
- Place chicken in pan without overcrowding (cook in batches if needed). Important—do not move chicken for 3 minutes once you place it in the pan. After one side is golden, flip and cook another 2 minutes on other side.
- Place entire pan in oven for 5 minutes to finish cooking. You can cut into the chicken to make sure it’s no longer pink inside. If it is still pink, leave in oven another few minutes.
- Browning on the stove and finishing in the oven is quick and easy, and your chicken will be cooked inside without getting burned outside.
- Make sure you remove the chicken fillets from the fridge and let them come to room temperature, so take them out 20 minutes before cooking
Nutrition In The Kitchen http://nutritioninthekitchen.org/