I love attending the Farmer’s Market in Calabasas, California. There is nothing better than being able to select fresh produce. I was able to pick up all the ingredients to toss together this simple caprese salad.
I used my favorite brand of oils. From Gourmet Blends, the Leonardo e Roberto’s Basil Olive Oil and Leonardo e Roberto’s White Valsamic Vinegar are my go to choice. Mixed together with Ciliegine mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a little kosher salt and fresh grind pepper.
Easy Caprese Salad
- Pint of grape or cherry tomatoes
- Container of small mozzarella balls
- 2 Tablespoons of Leonardo e Roberto's basil olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Leonardo e Roberto's white balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Fresh grind pepper
- Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil leaves.
- Pour dressing over the salad.
- Add kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper to taste.